COVID-19 - Be Safe
Before participating in any football activity, advise your players, team officials, parents/carers and other people that may come to watch the games that they must not attend training or matches, if in the past 14 days if they have:
- been unwell or had any ﬂu-like symptoms, or
- been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19, or
- any sudden loss of smell or loss of taste, or
- are at a high risk from a health perspective, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical heath conditions.
We have advised that they should check the NSW Government website for advice regarding the full list of symptoms associated with COVID-19 infection:
To players, team officials, parents/carers and other people that may come to watch the games use the following resources and websites in order to obtain accurate information:
- Australian Government Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- NSW Government Department of Health: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/default.aspx
- World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/
- Australian Institute of Sport: https://ais.gov.au/health-wellbeing/covid-19
- Sport Australia: https://www.sportaus.gov.au/
- Federal Government, information including posters outlining hygiene practices (e.g. promoting thorough hand washing) found at:
- Football NSW, these can be downloaded here:
Ensure players and team staff keep personal equipment and bags so that they are arranged to maintain physical distancing of participants (> 1.5 metres) and separation between teams.
Parents/spectators may attend games. To minimise the risk of transmission ensure that your teams spectators are dispersed around the perimeter of the pitch to that meet physical distancing requirements. We will encourage players and spectators to leave the facility as soon as possible following the conclusion of their training/games.
We will encourage players, officials, volunteers, and/or their parents/carers to carry personal hand sanitiser to enable good personal hygiene.
All participants are to provide their own clearly labelled drink bottle for their use only. All participants are not to share any food or drinks.
Players and coaching staff are encouraged to not share personal equipment including playing equipment, playing kits, bibs, drink bottles and towels. Further we discourage the sharing of common stationery (pens, clip boards etc.) and other personal IT equipment (laptops, iPads, headphones, etc).
Please remind Match Officials to not share personal equipment such as whistles, flags, cards and pens.
Ensure that shared equipment (particularly footballs) are washed and wiped with antibacterial wipes or alcohol-based sanitiser prior to each match.
To further aid the fight against COVID-19, Football NSW supports the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app and has strongly encouraged all members of the football community to get behind this initiative. We encourage you as members of our club to download the app from the Apple App store and Google Play.